Materials Project Engineer
We have a new and exciting position available within our Material Project team.
You will be required to technically support the Materials Project Management function. To coordinate the bought-out item buying activities for special projects/new products and ensure the effective use of Company materials.
- Project manage the introduction of new products and associated tooling. (die casting, injection moulding, extrusion etc)
- Provide technical support to the Senior Materials Project Engineer.
- Set up the systems and ERP database for the on-going purchase of new products.
- Liaise with the Technical Department on processes, technologies and costs available outside the company.
- Negotiate and set-up capital equipment purchases and on-going service contracts.
- Maintain the tooling management programme.
- Manage the phase out of obsolete products and bought-out piece parts.
- Support the Value Analysis teams and conduct cost benefit investigations.
- Ensure suppliers conform to required quality standards. Communicate with suppliers to ensure that issues with non-conforming parts are resolved and permanent corrective actions implemented.
- Improve, maintain and establish the Company Purchasing policies and procedures in line with ISO requirements.
- Conform to the company policies and standards.
We offer an excellent range of benefits to include Pension, Company Bonus (after qualifying period) and 25 days flexible holiday in addition to statutory Bank Holidays. Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development exist at Thorlux Lighting. For further details please contact Cathy Armstrong on 01527 583200 or e-mail your CV to email@example.com.