Manchester, United Kingdom
The Trinity building is in Manchester’s Central Business District, between the traditional city core and Spinningfields. Property developers Helical Plc acquired the building in May 2017.
Built by Edward Salomans in 1865, Trinity was previously named the Prince’s Chambers and used as a Lambs Furniture showroom. In the 1990s, a 30m atrium and additional levels were added. Helical Plc has worked with award-winning architects to transform the building into Trinity: an exceptionally crafted, Grade-A workspace finished to the highest standard.
The building has undergone a total redevelopment, infilling the atrium and adding a new seventh floor. The redevelopment works were completed in February 2019; the letting phase for the asset has now commenced.
Thorlux Hi-Bar luminaires with the Smartscan wireless lighting management system have been installed in the office areas. Slim and elegant, the Hi-Bar combines supreme efficiency and longevity with design flexibility. SmartScan installations can deliver energy savings above 70% compared with conventional technology. Integral sensors monitor ambient light and presence, control output to the correct level, dim and switch when there is sufficient daylight and illuminate only when the area is occupied.
Photographs courtesy of Savills.
Systems and Services Used in this Project
Lighting management & emergency monitoring